Whose income do I count? / What if I don’t have any income?

Most applicants will provide their own income, the income of their spouse or partner, and any income or benefits their children (under 18) receive. This includes income from your job, child support, benefits or assistance programs, etc. Do not count income for roommates or adult children (18 years or older) who live with you.

If you do not have any income of your own, you will need to ask the person supporting you to fill out a Financial Support Form (PDF) and provide a utility bill with his/her name on it. This will count as documentation for your proof of income and residency. Note: If you don’t have a printer, you can ask for a copy of the support form when you come into the office for your application steps.